What a collective community can do is powerful. Together our collective phone calls, emails, texts, protests are being heard...but the work is never done. And we’re ready for that.
Let’s continue to say this: Black lives matter. We stand in solidarity with the black community in a fight against systemic racism, blatant injustices, and senseless violence against black people. This discussion cannot be viewed as a moment but instead as a movement — a mission. Let’s promise to listen, to learn, to speak up and to show up.
Over the past week we’ve reposted on Instagram resources for learning, acting and supporting this mission as well as just some of the important black stories we were able to hear. We hope you had a chance to see those but you can always look back at our highlights and posts.
As we look at ourselves and what WE can do and how we can be better, here are our commitments:
- we commit to sending 100% of profits from our archive sale through June to Black Lives Matter
- we commit to the 15 Percent Pledge proposition to buy 15% of products from black-owned brands. This is not something we view as a one-off/one-season task but a commitment to establish long-term partnerships with black-owned brands and makers in our niche market.
- we commit to continued learning and listening - actively following and reading the works of those communicating black experiences in America
- we commit to become better, stronger allies by gaining a deeper understanding of methods to becoming truly anti-racist.
- we commit to prioritizing diversity in hiring, as we eventually grow beyond our current two-woman team
With love and solidarity,
Courtney & Jane